Additional Admission Requirements Include:
High School Graduate
- Academic average: 80-85%
- SAT: 1000 (greater than or equal to 500 in Verbal and Math) or ACT composite of 22 or higher
- Evidence of successful completion: Algebra, English, Biology and Chemistry
- Two professional references (e.g. guidance counselors, teachers)
- Twenty four (24) college credits or greater: cumulative GPA of 2.75 required
- Less than twenty four (24) college credits earned and less than 3 years since High School graduation, the candidate will be evaluated based on his/her high school and college academic record
- Completed standardized test (e.g. SAT, ACT, TEAS or KAPLAN) within the last three (3) years. SECON will offer a free KAPLAN exam on campus if applicant has not had a standardized test or it is older than three (3) years.
- Two professional references (e.g. employer, teacher, or anyone who can provide objective information)
Applicants must consent to any/all admission-related examinations, including but not limited to, health and drug screening tests and background investigation checks as required by the College. Failure to submit to any/all health requirements and screenings will deem the candidate ineligible for admission to the College as will a positive drug screen. If evidence exists of a reported case of a felony or misdemeanor, the College President may review the report with the Medical Center's Legal Department and make a final decision as to acceptance or denial of the applicant. Any/all special circumstances will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis by the Admissions Committee.
Note: All applications become the property of St. Elizabeth College of Nursing and will not be returned.