2011 - 2013 Strategic Plan
Facilitate the teaching/learning process to prepare the learner for entry level practice into the discipline of nursing.
- Promote a culture of evidence-based practice for learners in which patient-centered care is based upon current evidence, client values, and clinical expertise
Respond to ongoing changes in education, technology, and healthcare.
- Empower the learner with an appreciation for the application of informatics and technology to the delivery of high quality client care.
- Ensure that national initiatives, such as Healthy People 2010 and developing Healthy People 2020, current healthcare policies, and local and state healthcare issues are incorporated into the curriculum.
Empower the learning community, in the spirit of the Franciscan tradition, to embrace life-long learning.
- Promote professional accountability that reflects the core value of excellence: continuous professional growth, improvement, and understanding.
- Maintain an awareness of, and appreciation for, the Franciscan tradition in healthcare and education.
- Seek ways for learners to advocate for nursing's role, professional autonomy, accountability, and self-regulation.
Demonstrate fiscal responsibility within a challenging economic environment.
- Collaborate with St. Elizabeth Medical Center to assess, plan, and evaluate resource utilization.